Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My New Favorite Egg

Okay, so eggs are not awesome. I love a good fried egg (broken and over hard) any old day. But sometimes I just can't stomach an egg. This recipe is my solution to stomaching an egg every time. A little garlic, salt, and butter makes the medicine go down, as I always say. (I bet this would taste great on a sandwich!)

1 large egg or 2 small eggs
Salt
Shredded cheese
Garlic salt
1/2 tbsp Butter (real)

1. Break the yolk in the pan and spread it until it is evenly distributed with the white/clear part. Sprinkle a very small amount of salt over the egg.
2. When the egg is fully white spread cheese over it. It should soon be ready to flip, if not already. Flip the egg.
3. When the egg is just cooked (fully firm and not at all runny, not browned, although slightly browned will suffice, having a fluffy, sturdy texture) take it off the pan and turn off the burner. Sprinkle the egg with garlic salt. While the pan is still hot, melt about 1/2 tbsp real butter in the pan and then put the egg in it and cover it with butter. Eat while still hot. Enjoy.

Suggestions: Try on a sandwich!

No comments: